Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wow, He Is Good

Monday was a tough morning all around. I was exhausted from sleeping 3 hours a night for 4 days in a row due to work and everything that could go wrong was. I knew I was yelling every other minute at the little ones to "Hurry up please!" and "Listen to me!", but couldn't seem to stop myself. Once in the car and nearing preschool Ashton, my three-year-old who had been quiet in the backseat, suddenly said "Mommy, it's a beautiful day outside...". I grumbled in agreement but really had to strain to hold the tears back when he followed in a softer voice with "...but you are having a bad day today. Can you please stop yelling at me?" I sent myself to time out after that and man, I deserved it. He is so perceptive for such a young soul and can humble me with one sentence. He is going to be a great man someday.

No comments: