Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hush My Little Babies, Hush

After the party today (more on that later) we had to pack up two exhausted children and ride over to Paul's friend's house to get our newly brake-padded Corolla. On the way, the sleepy birthday princess was crying and carrying on while fighting sleep. Frustrated and tired myself, I began to ignore her when all of a sudden I hear a very soft voice out of the back seat quietly singing "Lollipop, lollipop, oh lollipop". When I turned my head to see the source of this sweet song , it was Ashton singing Kate to sleep with her favorite song. My heart just melted and I was so...I don't even know the word to describe it. But when times are tough with him, and oh yes, he is a tough one, this moment will carry me through. I love my children.

1 comment:

Jon said...

that may be the cutest thing I have heard in a long time!