Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Daze


Wow, what a 1st day back to school! The kids did not want to make it out the door this morning. Correction...Ashton did not want to go to school but Kate wanted to go without pants on. They rivaled cats and dogs when Kate decided to wear Ashton's Lightning McQueen underpants (backwards no less) without his consent. But eventually we got to St. Mike's with pants on and Ashton in tow. The following happened:



  • Kate wanted to go back to her old classroom and did NOT want to take off her backpack. She did mention she approves that all the chairs in her new classroom are purple, which is the best color in the world apparently.

  • Ashton wanted to hide behind me in the hallway outside his class and was more clingy then he ever was as a toddler going to daycare. He also decided today he did not like his favorite shoes in the whole wide world and wanted a pair I gave to Goodwill weeks ago. :(

  • I eventually just had to hand the kids over to the nearest adult and run out of the building *yes run*. I was surprisingly sad to see them go. Really sad, but I got over it quickly by slowly and quietly walking around Kohl's department store and trying on everything I could find only to purchase one VERY cute turquoise top. What a perfectly good waste of a morning!

Wednesdays Ashton has OT 8:30-9:30am then I drop them both off back at school. I am very much looking forward to organizing our lives and spending more quality time with the kids in the afternoons now, while I think Ashton & Kate will have some desperately needed time apart. (Click on the photo to read what Ashton's schedule is like this week. OMG, he has a schedule! Where have my little babies gone and who are these school children?)

1 comment:

Jon said...

Dawn, hi, its Jon Bradshaw. I linked up from your facebook and have really enjoyed your blog. It seems you have become a wonderful mother, the world's toughest job.