Sunday, August 3, 2008

Southern Drawl Y'all



Ashton suddenly has a southern accent...Miiiiilk (Milk), Heaaaaaad (Head), Hiiiiiiiii (Hi) etc... How did he get an accent in 3 days? Where did it come from? Surely not from Paul or I....


I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it is what it is! I guess raising a southern gentleman/belle was what we bargained for when we decided to raise a family south of the mason-dixon line! Kate and Ashton will be a G.R.I.T.S. (Girls Raised in the South/Gentleman Raised in the South). Gone With the Wind was always my favorite book/movie.



  • Girls Raised in the South: "Whether called "Sweet Potato Queens", "Steel Magnolias", "Ya-Ya Sisters", or "Belles", Southern girls make the best friends."

  • Gentleman Raised in the South: "He's chivalrous, kind, and moral, but he can also be messy, hog-wild, inattentive, and just plain frustrating. You love him, bless his heart, but you sure don't understand him."
Check this out for GREAT insider info on G.R.I.T.S.: http://www.gritsinc.com/GRITSexcerpt.html
"So ugly she'd run a dog off a meat wagon, bless her heart." translates from
Southern into "Damn Ugly, Poor Thing!"

No comments: