Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday...Just try not to drown.

For my birthday Paul surprised me with a whitewater kayaking lesson and a romantic dinner by the river! He must have heard me talking about the time I went whitewater rafting with my church's youth group and how fun it was, so he took the time to look into lessons, pre-paid it, found a sitter and made sure to have the time off from work.

The best parts were beyond the lesson itself. I loved that fact we went on a date! I loved that it wasn't the old standby of dinner and a movie. I loved that we were being active AND outdoors. I loved that we learned something new together. I loved that we are so supportive as a couple, never making fun of the other or getting frustrated. I love the patience we both have for each other. I loved the long leasuirly stroll around the park, watching everyone navigate the rapids. I love that I can say we kayaked the largest Whitewater center in the world. I loved that I made it down the last rapid and didn't tip over at the end! I loved that Paul found a babysitter that Ashton and Kate had fun with, Dallas and Regan's family. I loved that he kept the whole thing a secret until the last moment. I just LOVED the day and I love Paul for making it happen!

No comments: