Sunday, January 11, 2009

Still Sick...


I'm still sick! So, after 12 days of this chest nonsense I headed up to the Urgent Care today to be seen. I've got the generic "bronchitis" and was prescribed an antibiotic, albuterol inhaler and nighttime cough syrup. But, the interesting part about this was the breathing treatment the nurse gave me while in the office. Ever since Ashton was 1-year-old he's had chronic respiratory problems. Pneumonia here, severe bronchitis there and he's received many, many breathing treatments. When I got my breathing treatment today the nurse advised me it may make me feel "jittery". WOW! She wasn't kidding! I felt like I had about 10 cups of coffee too many and couldn't stop shaking. Even my eye lids were twitching as I walked out of the office. It was horrible and I feel sooooooooo bad for my little Ashton! And, come to find out, the dose I received was only a half-dose, the amount they give children! The inhaler is supposed to be less intense, so we'll see. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear everything up and there will be no need for more drugs. And I swear, I will do everything in my power to keep Ashton healthy so he doesn't have to feel like that again!

No comments: