Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day!

I just got in from work and about 25 minutes ago it started snowing! It's coming down fast and hard and will be there in the morning for the children. I always get so giddy about snow in Charlotte, as it is almost an annual event, coming and going in a day or so. Paul confided in me earlier tonight he thinks my excitement is cute, but can get annoying after a while. (I guess when you grow up in Detroit, snow in winter is like sun during the day.) I rushed home to wake the kids and show them this rare event, as they've been learning about snow for the past 2 weeks in preschool. Tonight Ashton reminded me just how much like his daddy he really is. I ran upstairs, sat on the edge of his bed, and gently woke him up. He sat up, alarmed I had interrupted his dreams. He blinked his eyes and rubbed them as I excitedly told him it was snowing big fat flakes outside. Once he realized what I was telling him, he barked at me "No I don't want to see snow" and buried his face in the pillow. So I kissed his head, patted his back and turned off the light. Kate was simply unable to be roused from her deep sleep and will also miss the show. Oh well, hope they get to enjoy it in the morning!



Taken the morning after:




No comments: