Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mommy Tantrums Do Exist!


Yes, my children love to push my buttons. They must lay in bed at night, planning out their day with a special focus around random, naughty "To Do" lists. I mean, really, the things they pull off can't be spur of the moment. You don't just wake up one morning, wander downstairs and think "Hey, a 3 lbs Costco sized-bag of trail mix would look GREAT on the living room floor...organized by nut type of course! The last time I did it size didn't work out so well, as demonstrated when Mom yelled at me/put me in time out/bordered on the brink of CRAZY." That kind of debauchery would surely take some kind of planning right? That type of havoc just isn't spontaneous. I mean...really!?!?!

Since I've become a mother I swear my patience has more than tripled in capacity. But you'd never know it from the amount yelling and screaming that sometimes flows out of my mouth or all the tears of frustration that will just spring to my eyes. I found this article in the NYTimes and was happy to see I'm not alone. Check it out! I will say, after the fact I do smile and laugh, but I'll be the first to admit, in the moment I cry or yell...sometimes loudly.


http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/can-it-be-good-to-yell-at-your-kids/

1 comment:

Jon said...

kids are what make old people eventually wise.