Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wow...whata week.


Last week was tough, plain and simple. All I can say is I am GLAD we all survived.


  • Kate - Had a high fever caused by a viral infection followed by when she drank a 4oz bottle of Motrin when I left the room to chase Ashton down. Then, a few short days later she was let out of the house by Ashton while I was sleeping early one morning and I awoke to a front door open and raced down to where she was - 2 houses away.

  • Ashton - Survived the spanking I gave him for letting Kate out of the house then tried to drown himself in our community pool while I was putting suntan lotion on Kate. Ashton also thought vitamins taste like candy and tried to eat a whole bottle (or maybe he was trying to out-do Kate).


  • Fish - Remember the post about the M&M's? Well, the fish all experienced a morbid "death-by-chocolate" and had to be "buried at sea" i.e. the toilet. I then waited a few days, decided to buy a few more since the aquatic frog survived the murky waters and was all alone. When I came home from the pet store and was emptying the water out of the fish bag, so as to not mix my water and theirs, one pour soul slipped down the drain and is now resting in reservoir heaven. (Net loss of 7 fish now)


Well, after cleaning out the fish tank, hiding and locking up ALL medicines and vitamins, and buying double-keyed deadbolts for our front door and locks for our back deck, I feel this week HAS to be a better week! Wish us luck!

No comments: