Friday, October 17, 2008

Ashton is On His Way to Recovery

After spending most of the night in the ER last night, Ashton's doing better. Not full recovery by any means, but he got anti-nausea medicine and a bag of IV fluids with some Tylenol and now has most of his color and spirit back. (Poor little guy!)
Side Note: The Presbyterian Children's ER downtown was awesome! CMC's Levine Children's ER was full to the top (people on gurneys in the hall, every seat taken) when we walked in and sat down. After witnessing a parent trying to fight a nurse and another mother talking loudly to herself about her 3+ hour wait just to be taken back to be seen with her baby, I called Paul to see if he would check Presby's ER for their wait time. He went over, said there were 2 people in the waiting room and 4 rooms open. I ran as fast as I could with Ashton to the car and headed on over. Because of the distance from the parking deck to the ER, Presbyterian provided complimentary valet parking which was very nice because I was carrying Ashton's weakened 19.1kg around. The whole Children's ER was done in an Ocean theme and was really beautiful. We were seen very quickly and the doctor was in our room within minutes after our triage. While I hope not to have to go back anytime soon, the whole experience really helped me feel better which I think helped Ashton feel better too. ;)

No comments: