Saturday, May 3, 2008

Someday, But Hopefully Not Soon

Someday they will both take turns taking care of me, but hopefully not soon.

Someday my house will stay spotless, free of tiny hand prints on windows and doors, but hopefully not soon.

Someday I will have quiet mornings where I sleep in missing the
sound of "Hey Momma! Your awake!", but hopefully not soon.

Someday I will have more money in my bank account at the cost of less time with my children, but hopefully not soon.

Someday I will hear deeper voices discussing everything from politics
to music in place of higher pitched giggles and sequels of delight,
but hopefully not soon.

Someday there will be no toys to pick up because there is no one to
play with them, but hopefully not soon.

Someday they will not be constant interruptions, wanting to cuddle and read books or look at new discoveries, but hopefully not soon.

Someday they will be potty-trained and off to school and I will be sad that I don't have any little ones to buy diapers for, but hopefully not soon.

Someday I will have to let them go, free to live their own lives that will be
full of hard lessons learned, tearful times when I cannot console, boo-boo's I
cannot kiss away, and decisions I cannot make for them, but hopefully not
soon.

Someday I will look for my babies but find adults standing proudly in their places, but hopefully not soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautifully written and so true.