Saturday, December 27, 2008

PLCMC

Here are all the reasons I love the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County (particularly the Independence Regional Branch):

  • Free movie rentals with a great selection - Take the Blockbuster!
  • Free CD rentals - Where else can you get this?!?!
  • Concierge service - I log on, pick out what I want, give my card # and it's waiting for me on a shelf to pick up.
  • Open Story times - If Kate is ready and in a good mood, we can just drop in and join the fun. If not, no need to call and cancel.
  • Child-Sized - Enclosed reading room with toys and games for the kids to play with, and we don't even need to order a Happy Meal!
  • Kid Friendly - So large that we've never been "shush-ed" by anyone there.
  • Weather proof - Open rain or shine.
  • Literature Love - No other place that we go to encourages the life long love of literature like the good ol' library. Ashton just said to me "Mom, where does sand come from?" As I began to explain he stopped me saying "Let's just get a book about it from the library." :)

1 comment:

Jon said...

I will also add that I love the library because it provides public meeting space. A function crucial to democracy and to fraternity executive boards that must leave their own house to get something done.