Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Early Politics


Ashton has declared his party of preference. He is a "Demo-crap" but wants to vote for "McCandy". We are on our way to be a part of history as a civic-minded family!

Once we got to the polls, Ashton & Kate stuck near us as we did all the necessary paperwork. Ashton accompanied me to the voting booth and Kate stood with Paul. He pressed my button for president and then wandered off while I avoided the straight party and hand-picked my people. (GO MUNGER FOR GOV!). We then marched over to the Kids Vote area where Ashton, without any prompting or direction from us, did indeed select John McCain. He also informed us, as serious as a heart attack, that he is, infact, not a "Demo-crap", but a "Re-pumpkin". Kate, all on her own, filled in the bubble directly under Munger for governer (my choice as well). All in all, I look forward to sparking their civic-mindedness and will tell and retell the story of the first presidential election in their lifetimes and how they were apart of it.

No comments: