Monday, November 17, 2008

Climb the Mountain!

Yesterday Ashton, Paul, Kate & I actually climbed a mountain! Kate and Ashton, all by themselves, summited Crowder's Mountain.



That would be 0.9miles of strenuous climbing and stairs to the top and 2.0 miles
of strenuous climbing down the back trail.



I am soooooooooo proud of them! Both children were insistent they make it to the top all by themselves and, at times, running up and down. It was a beautiful fall day, not only in weather but in the marvel I held at their changes and growth. Once upon a time they were a small cluster of cells and now they can climb a mountian. WOW!


You see, Crowder's is where I first began to suspect I was going to be a mother and I hiked it while pregnant with both children, so it holds a very special place in our family folk lore.

No comments: