Monday, April 14, 2008

They're Baaaaaaaack...


Ashton and Kate arrived safe and, well, not really sound home last night. Well, I take that back. They arrived with their sound turned all the way up! Man, they can whine and dine with the best of them after a fun-filled weekend of excitement. They were excited about the new garage space (see video and photo below) and were waaaaaaaaay too amp'd up to make it to bed on time. But honestly, as much as I miss sleeping-in, I wouldn't trade a dream for a single smile or hug from them.

Ashton is also doing well with potty-training, he is at the point where he well just get up and go when the urge hits him. Woohooooooooooooooooooooo! In acheiving this progress, I do think Grandma fanned the flames of what I thought was his dying chocolate addiction - giving 1 candy each time a sucessful bathroom trip was made. I thought I had it all worked out, 1 sticker on a chart every time he went, giving him a candy or toy when he had amassed 5 stickers. I will happily give up this battle to win the war on dirty diapers, along with acknowldting it is a grandparent's right to spoil their grandchildren. (Also, BTW, according to Grandma Ashton's favorite book is - Click Clack, Moo by Doreen Corwin, Illustrated by Betsy Corwin.)

I was very excited to go visit with baby Gavin yesterday. Teresa semmed to be feeling better after the complications from the C-section and Scotty was busy mowing the grass when I arrived. I got to visit very briefly with Teresa's mother, who sadly leaves today.
The little blue-eyed Angel is a GREAT baby, not a cry uttered during any part of my visit! He is looking more like a handsome version of his father every day, but has his mommy's mouth. He is turning out to be quite the strong man, holding his head up when propped on my chest. Also, he tried very hard to push me away upon the great realization I had no milk to give. (Smart little booger he is!) Teresa gave me a great photo of Kate practicing her mothering skills with him and I just know they will bond together in the years to come, being the two youngest around here. I plan to put the photo of Kate & Gavin in Kate's bedroom and the photo of Gavin in Ashton's. I am so glad the kids have cousins around to grow-up with!
Ashton Learns to Park His Car
MOVIE! MOVIE! DOUBLE CLICK TO PLAY!

No comments: