Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Currently Reading/Watching/Doing

I think this is the least I can do between times when the writing bug hits:
  • Currently Reading:
  • Growing a Girl: Seven Strategies for Raising a Strong, Spirited Daughter by Dr. Barbara Mackoff (excellent!)
  • Taming the Spirited Child: Strategies for Parenting Challenging Children Without Breaking Their Spirits by Michael Popkin, Ph.D. (recommended by Ashton's old Occupational Therapist who we loved)
  • From Difficult to Delightful in Just 30 Days: How to Improve the Behavior of Your Spirited Child by Jacob Azerrad, Ph.D
  • The EVERYTHING Parent's Guide to the Strong-Willed Child: An authoritative guide to raising a respectful, cooperative and positivve child by Carl E. Pickhardt, Ph.D
    Currently Watching:
  • The Painted Veil (Naomi Watts & Edward Norton) - 2007. Just got it from the library, looking forward to checking it out. {No pun intended}
  • Flipping Out (Bravo) - The 2nd season just started and I LOVE this show!!!
  • So You Think You Can Dance - Kate and Ashton love watching this too!
  • The Courtship of Eddie's Father (Ron Howard) - 1963. I can't stop wondering if people really dressed as formally as this move portrays they did back then. I mean, really, kids wore ties to SCHOOL?????!!???
    Currently Doing:
  • Gardening - when we first moved in to our house, we had 4 bushes and a Bradford Pear tree. We've since added a monster deck, a Japanese Weeping Cherry, a bed running the entire side of our house that now wraps around to the deck (the 1st set of bushes and plants were scorched and died by the past drought so we replanted with better weather and knowledge in Sept of last year and it's doing MUCH better), flowers and a Japanese maple to the front bed, a bed around the mailbox, a bed around the old tree, not to be confused with the Ol' G, and herbs to the back bed. GO US!
  • Parenting - Working on Ashton's listening and following directions and Kate's new found defiance. Also, still no potty training success with Ashton. And really trying to be "in the moment" with the little ones so that I can just enjoy them and not always focus on what's not going well. THIS IS REALLY HARD LATELY.
  • Hanging Out - threw a party for Paul's birthday and had "grown up time". I discovered I really miss my old friends and that I've been seculed and feel kinda lonely. So... my old best friend Angi and I have GREAT plans to get together Monday nights for wine and catch up. Wish me luck with implementing and sticking to it!

No comments: