Thursday, December 24, 2009

Perspective

Ashton "wow'd" me and brought a tear to my eye when he told me "Momma, I have three grandmas and three grandpas. Grandma Kim & Poppa Freddy, Grandma Dar and Poppa, Grandpa-pa in Massachusetts and Grandma the Old One. I am RICH!" Yes he is, yes he is.
Kate made me smile with a peek into her thoughts too. My mother had 5" of snow last week and all we got here in the Piedmont was rain. Both kids heard about the snow and tried to insist we head up there so they could play in it. Kate was especially determined to make it up there, saying she wanted to make snow angels. In disbelief I asked her how did she know what a snow angel was and telling her she didn't know how to make one. Next thing I know she's laying in the middle of our living room rug making a "snow angel", arms and legs moving back and forth. She then hops up and admires her "angel", while impossible to see, clear as day in her imagination I am sure.
I am RICH and surrounded by angels.

No comments: